The HF List: Top 10 Crate and Barrel Furniture ItemsTuesday, March 18, 2008
I know it's a little late, but I finally made it over to Crate and Barrel yesterday to see their new spring 2008 furniture collection. Here is my top 10 list of my favorite Crate and Barrel furniture pieces.
10. Seguro 68" Media Console - This eco-friendly media stand uses reclaimed Peroba wood from Brazil. Peroba was used a lot in the late 1800's and early 1900's to build houses, doors, bridges, etc. Each piece that a customer buys will be a little bit different in terms of the grain and paint residue in the wood. When you place your sleek plasma stand on this piece, you'll get this cool juxtaposition of modern technology and 100 year old woods that'll have all your guests talking.
9. Kyoto 42" Round Dining Table - This bamboo piece made by Maria Yee makes for a great breakfast table. Bamboo is a highly renewable resource. It'll only takes 8 years to reach full maturation. Bamboo is used a lot in Asian countries as scaffolding for their many skyscrapers, instead of the typical steel we use in the States. The curved base detail is a great touch.
8. Elan Bed - This is one of those beds where you have to buy the coordinating nightstands. I love the slats and the metal pull handle on the nightstand piece. The bed itself has such a clean, simple, elegant design. When you pair it up with the nightstand and all of it's architectural elements, it just makes for a very subtle, classic statement.
7. Elise Bed - The photo below does not do this bed justice. You need to see it in person to appreciate the distressed grey, hand finished wood . The light grey upholstered headboard in linen is beautiful. Made in Italy.
6. Collina Dining Table - This piece has been in Crate and Barrel's collection for several seasons now, but it's always been a favorite of mine. There is just something about that copper top, which makes it so distinct.
5. Colette Bed - This bed made by Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams is beautiful. The nailhead trim, luxurious beige linen fabric, and a slight arch at the top of the headboard makes for a very glamorous design.
4. Azure Sofa - The blue linen is outstanding. Tufts are really hot right now. The scale of this piece is perfect with the clean one seat cushion. It's a very contemporary interpretation of an old world design. Check out the arm detailing.
3. Valise Sectional - The leather on this is phenomenal. It's a deep seat piece with just the right proportions. The recessed, solid wood base adds makes the sectional feel like it's floating.
2. Ross Sofa - This is a brand new introduction. The linen has a terrific hand to it. I love the clean one seat cushion. Something about the scale and proportions makes this piece just feel right. Add in the fact that this piece has an extensive eco-friendly story behind it, it makes for a winner!
1. Lounge 93" Sofa - Crate and Barrel's sales people say that this is their number 1 sofa frame. I can see why. Deep seat sofas have really caught on fire. It's all about relaxing and putting your feet up after a hard day. It's a family oriented sofa with a clean modern design.