Tips for Best Hanging Decorative Wall ArtWednesday, January 30, 2008
One way that you can really express your style is with decorative wall art. There are so many different kinds of decorative wall art available that you're sure to be able to find an abundance that will complement your décor. However, one of the biggest issues that homeowners face is: What's the best way to hang decorative wall art? Following are some tips that will help you to hang your decorative wall art in a way that's flattering and stylish.
• In general, you want to hang decorative wall art so that the center point of the artwork or group is at eye level. This is a good guideline to keep in mind, and it can help you to best plan which decorative wall art will look best where.
• Many people find it helpful to lay out the decorative wall art on the floor before actually hanging it up. When you're working with a group of photos or pieces, this can be very beneficial, as it will help you to realize what combination works best.
• Stick to smaller pieces of decorative wall art for narrow hallways, and reserve the larger works for larger walls. This will help to keep your rooms feeling open and airy instead of cramped.
• If you're hanging your decorative wall art above a piece of furniture, make sure that the art isn't longer than the furniture's width. Otherwise, the decorative wall art will overpower the room and dwarf the furniture it's above.
• If you're hanging decorative wall art in a dark hallway, be sure that there is ample lighting so that guests can enjoy the art.
Or you can skip hanging up your decorative wall art all together and display it on art shelves. The possibilities really are limitless; however, the above tips should be able to give you some solid guidelines to adhere to when hanging your decorative wall art.